In this episode Arna dives into the importance of inner work and finding your identity in the world. Coach and member of Tony Robbins’ UPW crew, Arna grew up being labelled due to her parent’s background and had difficulty finding a place where she belonged.
After finding the perfect word to describe herself, she decided to use it for her brand for her business. She now coaches’ others in business, and she helps others grow to their fullest potential. Arna also elaborates on how working on herself has challenged her most in the past year, including a life lesson about how cracking her phone screen taught her we can often be too hard on ourselves!
Listen in to discover what you could be doing in life to make your personal and work life better through automation, self-love, and change.
“…because there is so much to offer when you open your eyes. When you allow opportunity to come, you actually see so much more.” –Arna Van Goch
- Due to growing up in various cultures, Arna struggled to find her own identity and felt labelled for many years. Her quarter life crisis was giving her identity the name of “Dutchanese” and embracing her true self.
- Arna, like many of us, struggled during the pandemic and greatly missed travelling every few weeks. However, the Tony Robbins’ virtual event helped her feel alive again and get her excitement back.
- One easy way to make life easier is to create a schedule for your social media, meals, and more to stop wasting time making decisions. This can be as simple as time blocking your days to know what to work on at what time. “Routine sets you free.”
- One of the most common mistakes in the business world is staying in the comfort zone instead of changing and evolving to grow. This includes outsourcing some of your work to know what you should and should not be doing to serve your business the best.
- Inner work requires self-evaluation. This means digging deep enough within yourself to learn self-love and forgiveness. It is okay to fix what is broken instead of feeling like a victim your whole life. It is just as important to help yourself as it is to help others.
- Life is constantly happening around us, so we shouldn’t be obsessed with always reaching a deadline. We should be trying to be more present in the moment and find ways to take time for ourselves.
- Life should be celebrated more. We can create more laughter, joy, and excitement in the workplace as well as our lives.
- Pick a lane and go for it. You should try different things and keep at it until you find where you’re meant to be.
- [1:22] Arna discusses what it means to be “Dutchanese” and how she discovered her identity through creating something new after years of being labeled.
- [6:59] How Arna handled the pandemic and how she got involved with the Tony Robbins’ virtual event.
- [12:37] How can we use technology effectively to create intimate experiences for others, even clients, to better ourselves and each other?
- [14:11] How to stop wasting time making decisions and create more routine in your daily lifestyle.
- [19:46] What patterns are common in the business world that can hold someone back from their full potential.
- [22:37] The importance of inner work.
- [29:38] How the need for events and finish lines can be putting unnecessary pressure on you.
- [33:34] Final speed round questions for Arna.
Arna Contact Information:
Facebook: Arna Van Goch